- 2015-present: Research Professor, Institute for Multidisciplinary Research, University of Belgrade.
- 2011-2015: Senior Research Fellow (Research Associate Professor), Institute for Multidisciplinary Research, University of Belgrade.
- 2006-2011: Research Fellow (Research Assistant Professor), Institute for Multidisciplinary Research, University of Belgrade.
- 1997-2006: Research Assistant, Center for Multidisciplinary Studies, University of Belgrade.
- 1992-1997: Researcher, Center for Multidisciplinary Studies, University of Belgrade.
- 1983-1992:Elementary school and High school Biology teacher
- 2005: Ph.D. in Biology, Faculty of Biology, University of Belgrade.
- 1997: M.Sc., Center for Multidisciplinary Studies, University of Belgrade.
- 1983: B.Sc. in Biology, Faculty of Natural Sciences, University of Belgrade.
3.Other professional activities
Editorial and Reviewer’s activity (journals, books, projects):
- Zoran Gacic is one of the editors of the monograph of Professor Radoslav K. Andjusa: General Physiology and Biophysics-Module 12-Principles of System Analysis (2006) published by the Center for Multidisciplinary Studies and the Faculty of Biology.
- Journal reviews: Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA – General Subjects), Science of the Total Environment, Hydrobiologia, Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology, Part A, Chemosphere, Archive of Biological Sciences
- He was a member of the editorial board of the journal “Contemporary Biology” published by the Serbian Biological Society and the Steering Committee for the EU Framework Program 7 (FP7) of the project “Fate and effects of cytostatics in the environment and identification of biomarkers to improve environmental risk assessment” (Fate and effects of cytostatic pharmaceuticals in the environment and identification of biomarkers for an improved risk assessment on environmental exposure – FP7 CythoTreat 265264).
- Member of the Serbian Biological Society
- MEASURES Managing and restoring aquatic EcologicAl corridors for migratory fiSh species in the danUbe RivEr baSin. Danube Transnational Programme Member
- COST Action FA1304 FITFISH – Swimming of fish and implication for migration and aquaculture COST, Member
- Bilateral SRB-MNE Detection of stressors in the marine ecosystem based on genotoxicological and physiological markers in Mediterranean mussels (Mytilus galloprovincialis) Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia, Member
- FP7 GLOBAQUA 603629 Analyse the effects of multiple stressors on biodiversity and functioning of aquatic ecosystem EU (FP7) Participant
- OI173045 Fishes as water quality indicators in open waters of Serbia Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia Member
- FP7 CytoThreat 265264 Fate and effects of cytostatic pharmaceuticals in the environment and identification of biomarkers for an improved risk assessment on environmental exposure EU Framework Programme 7 (FP7) Member
- COST Action ES1201 Network Lake Observations in Europe (NETLAKE) COST Member
- 1-BP-Srbija-Rusija Ecological aspect of vision in aquatic and amphibian animals Serbian Academy of Sciences and Art – Russian Academy of Sciences Project Leader
- Gačić Z., Mićković B., Gačić L., Damjanović I. (2019). New spectral templates for rhodopsin and porphyropsin visual pigments. Archives of Biological Sciences, 71(1):103-110.
- Damjanović I., Maximov P.V., Aliper A.T., Zaichikova A.A., Gačić Z., Maximova E.M. (2019). Putative targets of direction-selective retinal ganglion cells in the tectum opticum of cyprinid fish. Brain Research, 1708:20-26
- Gačić, Z., Milošević, M., Mićković, B., Nikčević, M., Damjanović, I. (2015). Effects of acute cooling on fish electroretinogram: A comparative study. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology, Part A 184 (2015) 150–155.
- Martinović, R., Kolarević, S., Kračun-Kolarević, M., Kostić, J., Marković, S., Gačić, Z., Kljajić, Z., Vuković-Gačić, B., (2015). Genotoxic potential and heart rate disorders in the Mediterranean mussel Mytilus galloprovincialis exposed to Superdispersant-25 and dispersed diesel oil, Marine Environmental Research, 108: 83-90.
- Aborgiba M., Kostić, J., Kolarević, S., Kračun-Kolarević, M., Elbahi, S.,Knežević-Vukčević, J., Lenhardt, M., Paunović, M., Gačić, Z., Vuković-Gačić, B. (2015). Flooding modifies the genotoxic effects of pollution on a worm, a mussel and two fish species from the Sava River, Sciences of the Total Environment 540, 358-367.
- Gačić , Z , Kolarević, S., Knežević-Vukčević, J., Paunović, M., Kračun-Kolarević, M., Sunjog, K., Vuković-Gačić, B. (2014). The impact of in vivo and in vitro exposure to base analogue 5-FU on the level of DNA damage in haemocytes of freshwater mussels Unio pictorum and Unio tumidus. Environmental Pollution 191, 145-150.
- Milosevic M., Visnjic-Jeftic Z., Damjanovic I., Nikcevic M., Andjus P., Gacic Z. (2009) Temporal analysis of electroretinographic responses in fishes with rod-dominated and mixed rod-cone retina. General Physiology and Biophysics 28(3): 276-282.
- Damjanović I., Byzov A.L., Bowmaker J.K., Gačić Z., Utina I.A., Maximova E.M., Mićković B., Andjus R.K. (2005) Photopic Vision in Eels: Evidences of Color Discrimination. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 1048: 69-84.
- Andjus R.K., Damjanović I., Gačić Z., Konjević Dj., Andjus P.R. (1998) Electroretinographic evaluation of spectral sensitivity in yellow and silver eels (Anguilla anguilla). Visual Neuroscience 15: 923-930.
- Byzov A.L., Damjanović I., Utina I.A., Mićković B., Gačić Z., Andjus R.K. (1998) Electrophysiological and spectral properties of second order retinal neurons in the eel. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part A 121: 197-208.