Dr Filis Morina
Research Fellow (Research Assistant Professor)
Department of Life Sciences (LS)
2005-2011: PhD in Sciences, University of Belgrade;
Thesis title: “Biochemical mechanisms of antioxidative response to excess zinc in Common Mullein (Verbascum thapsus L.): Interpopulational differences”.
1999-2004: BSc in Ecology and Environmental Protection, Faculty of Biology, University of Belgrade.
2011- present: Research Fellow, Department of Life Sciences, Institute for Multidisciplinary Research, University of Belgrade.
2005-2011: Research associate, Department of Life Sciences, Institute for Multidisciplinary Research, University of Belgrade.
2011-2013: Teaching assistant at the Department for Environmental Agriculture, Educons University, Sremska Kamenica, Serbia.
Plant acclimation response (antioxidative system, secondary metabolites) to abiotic stress, such as high light, UV radiation, metal excess, and drought; mechanisms of interaction of flavonoids with nitrous acid under stomach simulating conditions; plant-insect interactions, mechanisms of gall induction and signalling molecules; cell wall redox chemistry.
Scholarships and Awards
• OSI/Chevening scholarship at the Department of Plant Sciences, University of Oxford, UK, c/o Prof. Andrew Smith (2007–2008).
• NSP scholarship funded by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic at the Department of Plant Physiology, Comenius University in Bratislava, c/o Prof. Alexander Lux (2013).
• Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research funded by the Ministry of Education and Science in Japan
at Department of Bioscience, Kyushu Dental College, c/o Prof. Umeo Takahama (2014).
• Teaching assistant for the “Fundamentals of Plant Physiology” course for undergraduate studies at the Educons University, Faculty for Ecological Agriculture.
• COST Action FA0906 UV-B radiation: A specific regulator of plant growth and food quality in a changing climate (UV4growth)
• COST Action BMBS COST Action BM1405 Non-globular proteins – from sequence to structure, function and application in molecular physiopathology (NGP-NET), Serbian Plant Physiology Society
Other Professional Activities
• Member of the NGO “Endemit” founded by the students of the Faculty of Biology, University of Belgrade.
Vidović, M., Morina, F. and Veljović Jovanović, S. (2016) Stimulation of various phenolics in plants under ambient UV-B radiation. In: Mapping UV-B Research from Past to Recent Advancements” Eds. Singh, V.P., Singh S., Prasad, S.M. John Wiley & Sons Limited, Chichester, West Sussex, UK ISBN: 978-1-119-14360-4 (under publication process). – ID=1228
|III43010||Modulation of antioxidative metabolism in plants for improvement of plant abiotic stress tolerance and identification of new biomarkers for application in remediation and monitoring of degraded biotopes||Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia||Member|
|OI173045||Fishes as water quality indicators in open waters of Serbia||Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia||Member|
|COST Action FA0906||UV-B radiation: A specific regulator of plant growth and food quality in a changing climate (UV4growth)||COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology)||Participant|